Nutrish Zero Grain
Before I wrote this Nutrish Zero Grain dog food review, to be honest, I had no clue Rachael Ray had come out with her own brand of dog food until a few weeks ago. I happened to be watching her show out of pure boredom one day and heard her plugging her food towards the end of the show. Upon finding this out, I decided to check it out. In my experience, most TV personalities who create their own pet food products, aren’t actually aware of what is put into the food itself or realize how unhealthy the food is for animals.
So, how does Nutrish Zero Grain dog food compare to other brands on the market? Let’s find out!
For this honest Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain dog food review, we are going to be looking at the Grain Free Chicken and Sweet Potato formula.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here*
My Honest Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Dog Food Review
Name: Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain
Website URL: www.nutrish.com
Formulas Available: Peak Ultra Premium, Zero Grain, Just 6, Dish Super Premium, and Super Premium
Flavors Available: Beef, Potato and Bison, Salmon and Sweet Potato, Chicken and Sweet Potato and Turkey and Potato
Sizes Available: 3.3 pounds, 4 pounds, 6 pounds, 11 pounds, 12 pounds, 14 pounds, 17 pounds, 22 pounds, 23 pounds ad 28 pounds
Crude Protein min 26.0%
Crude Fat (min)
Alpha-Linolenic Acid (An Omega 3 fatty Fatty Acid) (min)
*Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C) (min)
*Chondroitin Sulfate (Min) 14.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 4.0%
Linoleic Acid (An Omega 6 Fatty Acid) (min) 2.2%
Calcium (min) 1.2%
Vitamin E (min)
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Pea Protein, Pea Flour, Whole Dried Potatoes, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Tapioca, Whole Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Turkey Meal, Peas, Fish Meal, Natural Flavor, Salt, Dried Cranberries, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
1. The first ingredient of this food is Chicken. Chicken is a high-quality source of protein. Keep in mind that during the cooking process, the chicken is reduced by at least half, reducing the amount of protein in the process.
2. The second ingredient in this food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken contains alone.
3. The third ingredient is Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are great to help promote healthy digestive health. Sweet potatoes are high in dietary fiber and low in fat. They contain important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, and manganese.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is Pea Protein. Pea protein is a concentrated derivative of whole peas. This is seen as controversial as it is mostly seen as an ingredient that is used to boost the protein content of pet food. It is a known starch filler and is one that is high in insoluble fiber which slows digestion.
5. The fifth ingredient is Pea Flour. Pea flour is another controversial ingredient typically found in most grain-free dog foods today. It is seen as a controversial filler only used to boost the protein content in dog foods.
6. The sixth ingredient in this food is Dried Whole Potatoes. This is an ingredient that is seen as a source of digestible carbohydrates that are gluten-free. While it can help boost your dog’s energy, they are only moderately beneficial to dogs.
7. The seventh ingredient is Dried Beet Pulp. This is another controversial ingredient used in most dog foods. While it is seen as an excellent source of fiber and helps to promote healthy digestive health, it is seen mostly as an unnecessary filler.
8. The eighth ingredient is Tapioca. Tapioca is used in dog foods as a source of carbohydrates. However, it lacks any real beneficial nutrients other than starch itself. It is considered to be a low-grade filler.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Whole Flaxseed. This is another controversial ingredient often discussed in the world of holistic pet food. Flaxseed has been known to be packed with beneficial Omega 3 fatty acids, helping to promote a healthy coat and healthy skin.
10. The tenth ingredient is Chicken Fat. Chicken Fat is a healthy source of fat and is packed full of Omega 6 fatty acids, helping to support a healthy coat and healthy skin.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Turkey Meal. Turkey Meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than turkey contains alone.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Peas. Peas contain a surprising amount of protein, soluble fiber, Vitamin A, and potassium. This ingredient is primarily used to boost the protein content of a food as well as support healthy GI health.
There are different flavors available with Nutrish Zero Grainline of dog food. The flavors available include:
- Beef, Potato, and Bison
- Salmon and Sweet Potato
- Chicken and Sweet Potato
- Turkey and Potato
Nutrish Zero Grain Dog Food Sizes and Price
Because of the various flavors available with Nutrish Zero Grain dog food, the price of the food varies. However, for such a healthy brand of food, it is considerably cheaper than most holistic brands on the market, making it perfect for those on a tight budget.
Take a look at the various sizes and prices available for Nutrish Zero Grain dog food below.
Beef, Potato, and Bison Grain Free
Sizes Available: 3.5 pounds, 11 pounds, and 22 pounds
Salmon and Sweet Potato Grain-Free
If you have a pup that has a taste for seafood, then this is the perfect formula for them. It is made with rich salmon as the first ingredient and healthy sweet potato as the primary source of carbohydrates. It is a formula no dog will be able to turn their noses up.
Sizes Available: 4 pounds, 12 pounds, and 23 pounds
Chicken and Sweet Potato Grain-Free
Sizes Available: 6 pounds, 14 pounds, and 28 pounds
Turkey and Potato Grain-Free
This formula can be perfect for dogs who suffer from sensitive stomachs. It is made with 100% real U.S. farm-raised turkey as the first ingredient and is loaded with natural vitamins and minerals to benefit dogs of any breed.
Sizes Available: 6 pounds, 14 pounds, 17 pounds, and 28 pounds
Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain Dog Food Reviews and Complaints
Unlike many other brands of holistic dog food, Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain dog food has built up a loyal following of pet parents that swear by this food. The reviews and complaints left by actual customers tend to be mostly positive. Take a look below at what some pet parents are saying about this brand of holistic dog food below.
My dog is a very picky eater and liked this food “ok.” I was forced to add some pumpkin and sweet potatoes on top of the food in order to entice him to eat it. As healthy as this food may be, my dog still had some digestive issues while eating the food. -KajunGirl
My dogs absolutely love this food! Every time I fill their bowls, my greyhounds gobble up the food within minutes. -Michael Sean
My dog used to hate the taste of Blue Buffalo and I was hard pressed to find a food that he would actually eat. We switched from Blue Buffalo to Nutrish Grain Free and it was the best decision we ever made. Dinner time has become my dogs favorite time of day. We love the food as well due to its affordable price. Never going back to Blue Buffalo after this. -Amazon customer
My dog really loves this food and the price is much cheaper than most dog foods than you can find in most pet stores. It is a great product and I will continue to buy it until my dog grows tired of it. -Elcee
This is a great brand of food. It is grain free and for it being grain free, it comes at an affordable price that you need to see to believe. It great especially for deep chested dogs who suffer from bloat because of its small kibble size. -Amazon customer
After carefully looking at Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain dog food by looking carefully at the ingredients of the food, taking into account its affordable price and customer reviews, I can say without a doubt that this is a food I can recommend, especially to those who are on a budget when it comes to pet food. Not only do some of the ingredients for this food speak for themselves, but the price itself is enough that most pet parents feel confident in buying this food without breaking their bank accounts in the process.
However, with the amount of pea protein, flour, and peas themselves used in this food, it is packed with too many fillers for me to claim this is a five-star food. However, it is a healthy grain-free alternative for those who want to feed their dogs a healthy diet that isn’t too expensive.
This is a healthy and affordable line of dog food that will not only be beneficial to your dog but to your wallet as well.
Have you and your pup tried Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain dog food? If so, what did you think of it? Regardless, let me know in the comments section below!