When I first came across Purina Beyond Simply 9 Dog Food, it wasn’t just to write this honest Purina Beyond Simply 9 Dog Food Review. I actually came across Purina Beyond dog food due to a commercial that popped up in the middle of one of my favorite shows. While the commercial itself made this pet food sound absolutely amazing, I couldn’t help but find myself intrigued with this food.
So, how healthy is this pet food? Let’s get right into my honest Purina Beyond Simply 9 Dog Food Review.
For this review I will be focusing on the Purina One Beyond Simply 9 White Meat chicken and Whole Barley Recipe
Name: Purina Beyond Simply 9
Website URL: www.beyondpetfood.com
Flavors Available: White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley and Ranch Raised Lamb and Whole Barley
Formulas Available: Adult
Sizes Available: 4 Pounds, 15.5 Pounds and 24 Pounds
26.0% Crude Protein (MIN)
16.0% Crude Fat (MIN)
4.0% Crude Fiber (MAX)
12.0% Moisture (MAX)
1.4% Linoleic Acid (MIN)
1.0% Calcium (Ca) (MIN)
0.8% Phosphorus (P) (MIN)
150 ppm Zinc (Zn) (MIN)
0.35 ppm Selenium (Se) (MIN)
14,000 IU/kg Vitamin A (MIN)
150 IU/kg Vitamin E (MIN)
400 ppm Glucosamine* (MIN)
1.60% Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (MIN)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Chicken, Brewers Rice, Whole Barley, Canola Meal, Chicken Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Beef Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols, Natural Liver Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Carrots, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Sodium Selenite. D-4280
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken. Chicken is considered to be a high quality ingredient and an excellent source of protein. Keep in my after the cooking process, the chicken will be reduced by at least half.
2. The second ingredient is Brewers Rice. Brewers Rice is nothing more than small fragments of rice by product that is left over after milling whole rice. It is known to be a source of carbohydrates, but only moderately so.
3. The third ingredient is Whole Barley. This ingredient is used primarily as a source of carbohydrates and fiber. It will help give your dog the energy he or she needs to thrive as well as help to support a healthy digestive system.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is Canola Meal. All that canola meal is, is a by-product of canola oil. This ingredient is typically found in feed for farm animals and as such it is considered to be a controversial ingredient for pets. While canola meal does contain some protein, it is only considered moderately nutritious for them.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is a high quality and excellent source of protein. This ingredient contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
6. The sixth ingredient is Beef Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols. Beef fat is a highly quality fat source that is packed full of Omega 6 fatty acids, giving your pet the healthy looking skin and shiny coat that you love to see.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Natural Liver Flavor. While this ingredient may contain a minimal amount of protein, its main use is to enhance the flavor of your pet’s food to entice them to eat it.
8. The eighth ingredient in this food is Dried Egg Product. All that dried egg product is, is a dehydrated form of eggs without shells. It contains a decent level of protein and is easy on your pets stomach.
9. The ninth ingredient is Salt. This is one of these ingredients that is absolutely unnecessary for dogs. This ingredient can lead to potential heart issues and even obesity. The only reason this ingredient is used is to enhance to the flavor of your pet’s food.
10. The tenth ingredient in this food is Dried Carrots. This is a highly beneficial ingredient that contains beta-carotene, various minerals and is packed full of fiber.
Flavors and Formulas Available
There are very few flavors and formulas available with this particular line of Purina Beyond food. The flavors available for this food include:
- White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley
- Ranch Raised Lamb and Whole Barley
The only formula available with this food is Adult.
Sizes and Price
There are various sizes and price available with this food. The sizes and price of Purina Beyond Simply 9 dog food are as follows:
- 4 Pounds-$7.99
- 15.5 Pounds-$24.99
- 24 Pounds-$37.99
- 4 Pounds-$7.99
- 15.5 Pounds-$24.99
- 24 Pounds-$37.99
Purina Beyond Simply 9 Review and Complaints
Most of the reviews and complaints left for Purina Beyond Simply 9 vary depending on the pet and the owner of the pet. I have seen mostly positive reviews but have also seen a few negative ones. Just take a look for yourself what some people are saying about this food below.
My Final Opinion
In all honesty, after looking at the ingredients of this food closely, I can confidently say that this is an OK brand of dog food, surprising for a Purina blend. While it does contain a few controversial ingredients, it also contains a few good ones. I would have no problem recommending this food to people on a very tight budget. It is certainly not the best food out there, but by no means is it the worst I have seen.
Have you fed your dog’s Purina Beyond Simply 9 Dog Food? If so, what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments section below.