For this Orijen dog food review we will be looking at Orijen dog food by looking closely at the ingredients on the label, the overall availability of this food and looking at actual reviews and complaints left by customers.
I have heard nothing but good things about Orijen dog food and have even seen it listed several times on various pet industry sites as being one of the best dog foods on the market. While I haven’t tried this food with my own dogs myself, it is worth a look at to see how healthy it truly is.
So, without further ado let’s dive right into my honest Orijen dog food review.
For this Orijen dog food review we will look at the Orijen Adult Dog food formula.
Website URL: www.orijen.ca
Formulas Available: Puppy, Puppy Large, Six Fish, Adult Dog, Regional Red and Senior Dog
Sizes Available: 5 Pounds, 15 Pounds and 28.6 Pounds
|· Crude protein (min.)
· Crude fat (min.)
· Crude fiber (max.)
· Moisture (max.)
· Calcium (min./max)
· Phosphorus (min./max)
· Omega-6 (min.)
· Omega-3 (min.)
· DHA (min.)
· EPA (min.)
· Ash (max.)
· Glucosamine (min.)
· Chondroitin (min.)
· Microorganisms (min.)
|· 38 %
· 18 %
· 5 %
· 10 %
· 1.3 / 1.6 %
· 1 / 1.3 %
· 3 %
· 1.1 %
· 0.6 %
· 0.3 %
· 1400 mg/kg
· 1200 mg/kg
· 120M cfu/kg
Boneless chicken*, chicken meal, chicken liver*, whole herring*, boneless turkey*, turkey meal, turkey liver*, whole eggs*, boneless walleye*, whole salmon*, chicken heart*, chicken cartilage*, herring meal, salmon meal, chicken liver oil, red lentils, green peas, green lentils, sun-cured alfalfa, yams*, pea fiber, chickpeas, pumpkin*, butternut squash*, spinach greens*, carrots*, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, cranberries*, blueberries*, kelp, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile, dandelion, summer savory, rosemary, Enterococcus faecium.
* FRESH AND PRESERVATIVE-FREE
1. The first ingredient in this food is Boneless Chicken. Boneless chicken is a high quality protein source that happens to be both fresh and free of preservatives. However, keep in mind that during the cooking process the amount of protein in this ingredient is reduced by at least half.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is another high quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Chicken Liver. While this is not a common ingredient that you mind in many dog foods today, it is still considered to be highly nutritious. Not only is this an ingredient that is free from any preservative but it is also rich is important B vitamins, iron, zinc, copper and essential omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
4. The fourth ingredient is Whole Herring. In this particular instance the Whole Herring is a high quality protein source that is free of preservatives and contains essential omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which can lead to a shiny coat and healthy skin.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Boneless Turkey. This is yet another high quality protein source that is free of any preservatives. Keep in mind that during the cooking process, the protein in this ingredient may be reduced by at least half.
6. The sixth ingredient is Turkey Meal. Here is yet another high quality protein source that can contain as much as 300% more protein than Turkey contains alone.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Turkey Liver. This is yet another high quality organ meat that is free from any preservatives. This ingredient is rich in essential B vitamins, iron, zinc, copper and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
8. The eighth ingredient is Whole Eggs. This ingredient, while still free of preservatives this ingredient is packed full of Vitamin A, essential fatty acids, iron, protein, Vitamin B12 and Riboflavin.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Boneless Walleye. Boneless Walleye is not only a high quality protein source, but it is also free from preservatives.
10. The tenth ingredient is Whole Salmon. Here is yet another high quality protein ingredient that is preservative free and is packed full of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that will give your dog a shiny coat and healthy skin.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Chicken Heart. Chicken Heart is another high quality organ meat used in this food. It contains a few unique super nutrients such as Coenzyme Q10 which can help decrease age in dogs.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Chicken Cartilage. This ingredient is a natural source of glucosamine and is another high-quality protein source.
13. The thirteenth ingredient is Herring Meal. Herring meal is another high quality protein source that can contain as much as 300% more protein than Herring does alone.
14. The fourteenth ingredient in this food is Salmon Meal. Salmon meal is yet another high quality protein source that can contain as much as 300% more protein than Salmon does alone.
15. The fifteenth ingredient is Chicken Liver Oil. This is perhaps one of the highest quality fat sources that can be used in food today. Not only will it enhance the flavor of the dog food, but it will also promote a shiny coat and healthy skin.
There are various formulas available for this food such as:
- Puppy Large
- Six Fish
- Adult Dog
- Regional Red
- Senior Dog
Sizes and Price Available
As far as sizes and price goes for this food, it can range dramatically depending on the formula that you decide to purchase. A full list of sizes and prices are listed below.
Large Breed Puppy
Orijen Dog Food Review and Complaints
When it comes to the orijen dog food review and complaints from actual customers, I have never seen another dog food that has as many rave reviews as Orijen dog food. Just take a look below at what some pet owners are saying about this food.
My Final Opinion
After looking carefully at orijen dog food for this honest Orijen dog food review by looking closely at the ingredients, overall availability of this food and actual pet owner reviews, this is one of the best if not THE best food I have ever come across. Orijen dog food is made with the highest quality protein sources ever used and that are all free of preservatives and made with high quality organ meats that are packed full of important nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
If you have been looking for the best dog brand on the market today, Orijen dog food is it!
Have you fed your dog Orijen dog food? If so, do you agree with my review? Regardless of your opinion, I want to hear from you! Just leave me a detailed comment below.