For this honest Kibbles ‘n Bits dog food review, we will look closely at kibbles n bits dog food by looking at its ingredients, overall availability and feedback from actual pet owners.
I don’t know who has never heard of Kibbles n Bits dog food. It is one of the cheapest dog foods that you can purchase for dogs today and as such it is also considered to be one of the unhealthiest foods on the market.
So, how unhealthy is Kibbles n Bits dog food?
Let’s dive right into my honest Kibbles n bits dog food review to find out.
Name: Kibbles n Bits
Website URL: www.kibblesnbits.com
Flavors Available: Original, Savory Beef and Chicken, Bistro Grilled Chicken, Bistro Oven Roasted Beef, Homestyle Roasted Chicken and Vegetable, Homestyle Frilled Beef and Vegetable, Savory Beef and Chicken, Beefy Bits, Grilled USA Beef Steak and Healthy Harvest
Formulas Available: All Life Stages, Small Breed Mini Bits, Chef’s Choice, Bistro and Homestyle
Sizes Available: 3.5 Pounds, 15 Pounds, 16 Pounds, 17.6 Pounds and 35 Pounds
|Crude Protein||19.00% min.|
|Crude Fat||8.00% min.|
|Crude Fat||12.00% max.|
|Crude Fiber||4.00% max.|
|Zinc||125 mg/kg min.|
|Vitamin A||5100 IU/kg min.|
|Vitamin D||500 IU/kg min.|
Calorie Content (Calculated)
Metabolizable Energy (ME) 3160 kcal/kg; 377 kcal/8-oz cup
Corn, Soybean Meal, Beef & Bone Meal, Ground Wheat, Animal Fat (BHA Used As Preservative), Corn Syrup, Wheat Middlings, Water Sufficient For Processing, Animal Digest (Source Of Chicken Flavor), Propylene Glycol, Salt, Hydrochloric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Caramel Color, Peas, Sorbic Acid (Used As a Preservative), Sodium Carbonate, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Wheat Flour, Carrots, Green Beans, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, BHA (Used As a Preservative), Blue 1, DL-Methionine.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Corn. Corn itself is a low quality protein source that is often used in many low quality pet foods. While it is a source of protein, it is also very cheap to use, making it cost effective for pet food companies to use. Keep in mind that this ingredient is not ground, it will be a bit harder for your dog to digest.
2. The second ingredient is Soybean Meal. Soybean meal is an ingredient that is made by grinding up dried soybean oil into small sized flakes and cooking it with the kibble. This ingredient is a low quality filler used to boost the protein listed on the label.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Beef and Bone Meal. This ingredient is another low quality protein source that can be found in many low quality pet foods today. It is a source of protein and calcium.
4. The fourth ingredient is Ground Wheat. Ground wheat is usually found in many low quality pet foods. However, it is a source of nutritious source of dietary fiber and protein, meaning that it holds some nutritional benefits for your pet.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Animal Fat with BHA Used as a Preservative. There are many things wrong with this ingredient. For starters this ingredient, while a fat source which your dog needs to thrive comes from a very questionable source. We are not told from which animal this fat source comes from meaning that it could come any kind of animal regardless of how harmful it can be for your dog.
Another thing wrong with this ingredient is how it is preserved which is through the use of BHA. BHA has been labels as a human carcinogen from the Environmental Health Hazard Assessment. While it can be used in low doses, it is being fed to your pet in low doses for many years which can prove especially harmful in the long term.
6. The sixth ingredient is Corn Syrup. Corn Syrup is nothing more than an added sweetener used in this pet food not only to make the food itself look attractive to pet owners, but to also entice your dog to eat the food. The problem with this ingredient is that it can cause various complications for your dog such as obesity, cataracts, hypoglycemia and tooth decay when consumed excessively.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Wheat Middlings. Wheat Middlings is yet another wheat source used in this food. However it is considered to be an inexpensive filler for your dog so it holds little to no nutritional value for your dog.
8. The eighth ingredient is Animal Digest. Animal Digest is one ingredient that you can find in many low quality dog foods today. It is simply an ingredient that originates from clean animal tissue. However, it is very questionable in this regard simply because we are not told from what animal it originates from.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Salt. Salt is yet another questionable and controversial ingredient used in this food and to be honest it is completely unnecessary. When consumed in excess this ingredient can cause hypertension in dogs as well as kidney disease.
There are many different formulas that are available with this food. The formulas available with this food include:
- All Life Stages
- Small Breed Mini Bits
- Chef’s Choice
Sizes and Price
Kibbles n Bits Dog food comes in a variety of sizes and price, which will ultimately depend on the flavor and size of the bag you purchase. The various prices and sizes for this food are listed below as follows:
- 8 Pounds-$11.49
- 16 Pounds-$22.93
- 31 Pounds-$29.95
- 35 Pounds-$37.48
- 15 Pounds-$9.99
- 8 Pounds-$20.50
- 16 Pounds-$10.48
- 8 Pounds-$15.12
- 16 Pounds-$21.22
- 16 Pounds-$18.13
Kibbles ‘n Bits Dog Food Review and Complaints
As far as complaints go for this food from actual pet owners, you will not find any from those who have recently purchased it. The main reason for this is due to the fact that this food is incredibly cheap. Regardless, take a look for yourself what some pet owners are saying about this food below.
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at Kibbles n Bits dog food by looking closely at its ingredients, overall availability and complaints from actual pet owners, I can confidently say that this dog food is actual crap. From the various low quality ingredients to the fact that the animal fat in this food is preserved with a known carcinogen this is one brand of dog food that I caution all pet owners to stay away from at all costs.
Have you fed your dogs Kibbles n Bits dog food? If so, what do you think of the food? Let me know in the comments section below!