Go! Daily Defence Dog Food
For this Go! Daily Defence dog food review we will look closely at Go! Daily Defence dog food by studying its ingredients, looking at actual pet owner reviews, and taking into account its overall availability.
When I first came across Go! Dog food was when I was working at a small pet supply shop in Northern New Jersey. My manager had just brought in the food during my first couple of weeks working there and he schooled me on why this food is one of the healthiest I will ever come across.
So, is Go! Daily Defence one of the healthiest foods that you will ever come across?
Let’s jump right into my honest Go! Daily Defence dog food review.
For this Go! Daily Defence review, we will be looking at the Go! Daily Defence Chicken Formula.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here*
My Honest Go! Daily Defence Dog Food Review
Name: Go! Daily Defence
Website URL: www.petcurean.com
Flavors Available: Chicken and Lamb Meal
Formulas Available: All Life Stages
Sizes Available: 6 Pounds, 12 Pounds, and 25 Pounds
|Crude protein (min)||24%|
|Crude fat (min)||14%|
|Crude fibre (max)||2.5%|
|*Omega 6 (min)||3%|
|*Omega 3 (min)||0.5%|
Calorie Content: ME = 3889 kcal/kg or 467 kcal/cup
Microorganisms (min) 90,000,000 CFU/lb (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium). *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Chicken meal, de-boned chicken, whole brown rice, whole white rice, oatmeal, sunflower oil, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potatoes, salmon meal, natural chicken flavour, whole dried egg, flaxseed oil, rice bran, pea fibre, alfalfa, apples, carrots, cranberries, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, yeast extract, dried kelp, dried chicory root, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, vitamins (vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, inositol, niacin, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of vitamin C), d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, beta-carotene, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), minerals (zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, zinc oxide, manganese proteinate, copper sulphate, ferrous sulphate, calcium iodate, manganous oxide, selenium yeast), DL-methionine, L-lysine, taurine, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation product, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation product, yucca schidigera extract, dried rosemary.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
2. The second ingredient is De-boned Chicken. This is yet another high-quality protein source used in this food. However, keep in mind that during the cooking process the protein quantity can be reduced by at least half.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Whole Brown Rice. Whole brown rice is a quality source of both carbohydrates and fiber. So this ingredient will help to fuel your dog with the energy he or she needs while promoting a healthy digestive system as well.
4. The fourth ingredient is Whole White Rice. While whole white rice would be considered a semi-quality source of carbs and fiber, in this case it is considered to be a filler since there is already a rice ingredient that was used.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Oatmeal. Oatmeal is another source of fiber that can help to promote a healthy digestive tract.
6. The sixth ingredient is Sunflower Oil. Sunflower oil is a healthier fat source that is used in this food and contains Omega 3 fatty acids, which can promote healthy skin and shiny coat.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is another quality fat sourced used to help promote healthy skin, shiny coat as well as help to enhance the taste of the food.
8. The eighth ingredient is Potatoes. While this ingredient may not be considered one of the healthiest ingredients in this food, it is packed full of important B Vitamins, Iron and Vitamin C.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Salmon Meal. Salmon meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than salmon does alone.
10. The tenth ingredient is Natural Flavor. The problem with this ingredient is that we are not really told where this flavor originates from. However, after some research Natural flavor is primarily comprised of ground-up meat, ground vegetables, and ground fruit. It is primarily used to enhance the flavor of the food and entice your dog to eat it.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Whole Dried Egg. Whole dried egg is another surprising ingredient that is packed full of beneficial protein.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Flaxseed Oil. While this ingredient can be considered somewhat controversial the fact of the matter is that it is not only packed with various vitamins and minerals, but it is packed full of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, promoting healthy skin and shiny coats.
13. The thirteen ingredient in this food is Rice Bran. While this ingredient is most commonly found in lower quality dog foods, it is packed full of nutritional fiber, which can aid in normal digestion and aid in alleviating upset tummies.
14. The fourteenth ingredient is Pea Fiber. Peas fiber is yet another high-quality source of fiber used that can help aid in normal digestion and help to alleviate upset bellies.
15. The fifteenth ingredient in this food is Alfalfa. Alfalfa itself is packed full of nutritional vitamins, minerals, and digestive enzymes. These enzymes can help aid in normal and healthy digestion.
Go! Daily Defence Dog Food Flavors, Sizes, Formulas, and Price
Considering the limited flavors and formulas available, the sizes that are available with this food is just as limited. However, the price of this food can vary and is listed as follows:
Sizes Available: 6 pounds, 12 pounds, and 25 pounds
Sizes Available: 6 pounds, 12 pounds, and 25 pounds
Go! Daily Defence Review and Complaints
As far as Go! Daily Defence review and complaints left by actual customers, most of the feedback has been positive. Take a look for yourself what people are saying about this food below.
“My Boston Terrier has been enjoying this food for almost 2 years now. So far, we have not seen any issues. Our dog loves it and we are happy with it.” -F. L. Appel, October 25th
“After trying out several brands of dog food with my dog, I stumbled upon this gold mine. The ingredients in this food are all natural and great for dogs. For someone who owns two picky dogs, the fact that they gobbled up two bowls straight away is a wonderful sight to see.” -GaMaur July 19th
“This is the only brand of food my dog will eat. I have no plans to change her food any time soon.” -Lukie January 15th
“After feeding our dogs a high priced raw diet for years, we finally transitioned to this kibble with amazing results. Our dog has had no gas or loose stools with this food. Couldn’t be happier with it.” -Aimee, December 4th
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at the ingredients of Go! Daily Defence, looking at the overall availability of this food, price, and actual pet owner reviews, This is definitely a brand of food that I highly recommend. Why it is more on the expensive side, it is a food made up of high-quality ingredients that your dog will benefit from.
High Recommended, But Expensive
Have you fed your dog Go! Daily Defence? If so, what do you think of the food? Let me know in the comments below.