In this Evolve dog food review, we will be looking carefully at the ingredients in Evolve dog food, overall price, overall availability and actual customer reviews to see whether or not this food may be ideal for your dog.
While I am not familiar with Evolve dog food myself, I have heard many good things about this food.
So, how healthy is this food?
Let’s dive right into this honest Evolve dog food review.
For this Evolve dog food review we will focus on the Chicken formula.
Website URL: www.evolvepetfood.com
Flavors Available: Chicken and Rice, Chicken, Beef, Barley and Brown Rice and Lamb and Rice
Formulas Available: Adult Maintenance, Puppy and Senior/Lite
Sizes Available: 4 Pounds, 15 Pounds and 30 Pounds
Crude Protein (min) 25.0%
Crude Fat (min) 15.0%
Crude Fiber (min) 4.0%
Moisture (min) 12.0%
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Rice Flour, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Rice Bran, Oatmeal, Natural Flavors, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Fish Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Canola Oil, Potassium Chloride, Dried Cheese Product, Dried Skim Milk, Garlic Powder, Yucca Schidegera, Dried Kelp, Peas, Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Spinach, Lactobaccillus Casei, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, Enterococcus Faecium, Vitamins: Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Minerals: Zinc Polysaccharide Complex, Iron Polysaccharide Complex, Manganese Polysaccharide Complex and Copper Polysaccharide Complex, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken. Chicken is a high quality protein source used. However, keep in mind that during the cooking process the Chicken will be reduced by at least half.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken Meal. Chicken Meal is yet another high quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than Chicken does alone.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Ground Brown Rice. Ground Brown Rice is a high quality source of carbohydrates, fueling your dog with the energy he or she needs to thrive.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is Rice Flour. Rice flour is a common ingredient that is usually found in many low quality pet foods. It is considered to be a very cheap filler and can often lead to a few harmful illnesses such as diabetes and bowel distress.
5. The fifth ingredient is Chicken Fat. Chicken Fat, though a fat source is considered to be a healthy and high quality fat source that is packed with Omega 6 fatty acids, giving your dog the healthy skin and shiny coat that you love to see.
6. The sixth ingredient in this food is Dried Beet Pulp. This is an ingredient that is considered to be controversial. However, this is an ingredient that is considered to be an excellent source of fiber which can help to support a healthy digestive tract and regular bowel movements.
7. The seventh ingredient is Rice Bran. This is yet another ingredient that is found in many low quality pet foods today. It is considered to be a cheap filler and is most often known to cause upset tummies.
8. The eighth ingredient is Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a quality source of both fiber and carbohydrates. So, not only will it fuel your dog with the energy he or she needs, but it will also help to support a healthy digestive system as well.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Natural Flavors. While this ingredient can be considered somewhat controversial, the real mystery of it is not knowing what sources the natural flavors actually come from. However, most “natural flavors” tend to come from meat, vegetable and fruit sources and is used primarily to boost the flavor of the food so your pet is more enticed to eat it.
10. The tenth ingredient is Flaxseed. Flaxseed is yet another controversial ingredient that is used in this ingredient. However, it is an ingredient that is packed full of Omega 3 fatty acids, promoting healthy skin and a shiny coat.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Dried Egg Product. While many pet owners are actually unaware of the true benefits of this product, it is actually a very nutritional ingredient for your pet to eat. Some of the benefits of this ingredient is that it is a high quality source of protein as well as a source of immunoglobulin which can help to boost your pet’s immune system.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Fish Meal. Fish meal would be considered a high quality protein source if we actually knew what type of fish this ingredient truly came from. This is why this ingredient could be considered questionable. However, keep in mind that this ingredient is also a source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which can lead to a healthy skin and shiny coat.
13. The thirteenth ingredient in this food is Brewers Dried Yeast. This is yet another controversial ingredient that is used. However, many people claim that this ingredient is great for helping to prevent fleas naturally on your pet while others claim that it can be toxic on the liver.
14. The fourteenth ingredient is Salt. Salt is an ingredient that should NOT be in any pet food, regardless of how healthy it claims to be. Salt is primarily used to enhance the taste of your pet’s food so they will eat it. This is an ingredient that does more harm to your dog then it will ever do good.
15. The fifteenth ingredient in this food is Canola Oil. Canola oil is yet another healthy fat source that can be used and it contains healthy Omega 3 fatty acids which can help support a healthy skin and a shiny coat.
Evolve Dog Food Flavors, Formulas, Sizes and Price
Evolve dog food is available in a variety of different sizes, flavors, formulas and price options, though this will ultimately depend on the flavor and formula of the food that you want. The various size and price options that are available with food are listed below.
Sizes Available: 15 pounds
Sizes Available: 4 pounds, 15 pounds and 30 pounds
This is the perfect line of food that is perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Made with ranch raised lamb, packed of probiotics and baked to utter perfection, this food will help ease a dogs digestive tract as well as help boost a dogs immune system.
Sizes Available: 3.75 pounds, 14 pounds and 28 pounds
There is no other food that will help keep an older dog thriving well into their senior years. Made with essential vitamins and minerals, this food is made with a lower calorie content to be easy on a dogs aging body.
Sizes Available: 4 pounds, 15 pounds and 30 pounds
Evolve Dog Food Review and Complaints
After looking for honest Evolve dog food review and complaints by actual customers of this food, all I was able to find was mostly positive reviews. Take a look below at what some pet parents are saying about this food.
Upon moving on from corn based crap food, I decided to try this food out on my own dogs. Within a few days, I immediately began noticing a change to my dogs coat as it began to become shinier than I am used to seeing. I also noticed an improvement in my dogs temperament and energy as well. Since this food is affordable, it is a great type of food for my dog and my wallet. -Richard Hesten, March 31st
I have a dog that suffers from all sorts of skin and ear allergies. You name it and he probably has it. I decided to try a different kind of dog food for him to see if it alleviated his issues when I found this food. After 4 weeks of feeding, his food and ear allergies were almost non-existent. While this stuff may be expensive, I’m saving in the long run on vet bills and meds. -Amazon Customer, August 10th
My dog has responded really well to this food. His coat is incredibly shiny now. The other type of food I have bought never did this. -Amazon Customer, November 10th
This is a great brand of dog food. I purchased the salmon formula and my dog loves it. I love the fact that it is grain free and that my dog seems to love it. -Janeleslie, January 19th
My Final Opinion
After looking careful at Evolve dog food for this Evolve dog food review, looking carefully at the ingredients, and taking overall price and size availability into consideration this is a dog food that I would have no problem recommending. Of course while there are some ingredients used in this food that are of the lowest quality and controversial, this food is primarily made up of nutritional ingredients.
Recommended Though Only Moderate in Quality
Have you fed your dog Evolve dog food? If so, do you agree with this Evolve dog food review? Let me know in the comments section below.