Eukanuba Dog Food
In this honest Eukanuba dog food review, we will be looking in depth at Eukanuba dog food, looking closely at the ingredients, and looking at some first-hand reviews and complaints left by actual customers who have fed Eukanuba dog food to their own dogs.
When I first came across Eukanuba dog food, it was when my father purchased our very first dog: a German Shepherd puppy name Sargeant. My father never took the nutrition of our family dog seriously and fed our dog whatever the breeder recommended. However, eventually, our dog’s food was changed due to issues Sarg was having with the food.
So, I know firsthand what to expect from this dog food and it is time you learn the same.
Without further ado let’s jump right into my honest Eukanuba dog food review.
For this Eukanuba review, we will focus on the Lifestage Adult formula brand of food.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here*
My Honest Eukanuba Dog Food Review
Website URL: www.eukanuba.com
Flavors Available: Chicken, Salmon, Beef, Seafood, Turkey and Lamb
Formulas Available: Small Breed, Large Breed, Breed Specific, Adult, Weight Control, and Small Bites
Sizes Available: 4 Pounds, 5 Pounds, 15 Pounds, 16 Pounds, 25 Pounds, 29 Pounds, 30 Pounds, 33 Pounds
|Crude Protein, minimum||25.00%|
|Crude Fat, minimum||16.00%|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||5.00%|
|Calcium, minimum||1.0 %|
|Vitamin E, minimum||140 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids, minimum||2.25 %*|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum||0.35 %*|
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Brewers Rice, Ground Whole Grain Barley, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Chicken Flavor, Dried Egg Product, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Potassium Chloride, Salt, Flax Meal, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Fructooligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin E Supplement, Brewers Dried Yeast, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken. Chicken is a high-quality protein source. However, keep in mind that during the cooking process both the chicken and its protein is reduced by at least half.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken By-Product Meal. Chicken by-product meal is nothing but the leftover chicken parts after the white meat and breast of the chicken has been taken out to be used for human consumption. While these bits are not even moderately beneficial for your pet, it does raise the protein level on the label of this food.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Corn Meal. Corn meal itself is just grounded up corn. Corn is not beneficial for your pet and is used primarily in this food as a filler.
4. The fourth ingredient is Ground Whole Grain Sorghum. This ingredient is actually common in many low-quality foods as it is rich in various nutrients, vitamins, and minerals such as niacin, zinc, iron, and antioxidants.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Brewers Rice. If you have never heard of Brewers Rice, it is nothing more than processed rice product made from smaller fragments of rice kernels. Brewers rice itself contains almost no beneficial nutrients that is contained in whole grain white or brown rice.
6. The sixth ingredient is Ground Whole Grain Barley. This ingredient is a surprisingly good source of carbs and fiber. So it will help to give your dog the energy he or she needs to thrive while also helping to support a healthy digestive system.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Dried Beet Pulp. This is a controversial ingredient used in many commercial brand dog foods today. Regardless it is a known source of fiber that can help to support a healthy digestive tract.
8. The eighth ingredient is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is a high-quality source of fat for your dog that is packed with Omega 6 fatty acids. Not only will this fat source give your dog a shiny coat that I know you are going to love seeing, but also help to promote healthy skin as well.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Chicken Flavor. While this ingredient can raise the protein level just a little bit, it is most often used to enhance the flavor of the food.
10. The tenth ingredient is Dried Egg Product. While many pet owners are unaware of the potential benefits of dried egg product. One of the benefits of this ingredient is that it is an excellent source of protein as well as a source of immunoglobulin which can help to boost the immune system.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Fish Oil. Fish oil is an excellent source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which can promote healthy and shiny skin and coat.
Flavors and Formulas Available
There are various flavors and formulas available with this food.
The flavors that are available for this food include:
The various formulas that are available with this food include:
- Small Breed
- Large Breed
- Breed Specific
- Weight Control
- Small Bites
Eukanuba Dog Food Sizes and Price
There are various sizes and prices available for this food, but of course, this will ultimately depend on the flavor, formula, and size of the bag that you purchase. A list of available prices and size are listed below.
Sizes Available: 5 pounds, 16 pounds, and 30 pounds
Sizes Available: 4 pounds and 25 pounds
Eukanuba Dog Food Review and Complaints
Upon further investigation of actual customer reviews for Eukanuba dog food, most of the reviews that you will find are mixed reviews from people who like the food and those who hate the ingredients. Just take a look for yourself what some people are saying about this food below.
“This is a great product, even though Eukanuba has changed the formula and kibble size. My dogs love it.” -Amazon Customer, October 20th
“This is a good deal regardless of where you get it. Lots of food for an affordable price.” -E. Chang, March 11th
“My dogs absolutely love this high-quality food. I wish I bought more when it was on sale.” -Denise, January 22nd
“This food is my go-to food for my fourteen year old dog. Even this food has helped keep him active and healthy.” -Sonar girl, March 30th
“This is the best dog food around. I can’t recommend it enough.” -ElizaDoolittle, August 6th
After carefully looking at the ingredients of this food, looking at actual customer reviews, and looking at the overall availability of this food, this is one brand of food that I cannot with good conscience recommend to pet parents. There are too many questionable ingredients used such as Chicken by-product and corn and while most of the reviews for this food seem positive, there are a few that are negative. Also, while this food is widely available in a variety of convenient sizes and prices, it is still not a brand of food that will be beneficial for your dog.
Instead, I recommend feeding your dog a food that is on the healthier side and contains only holistic and beneficial ingredients.
Have you fed your dog Eukanuba? If so, I would love to hear about your experience with this food. Drop me a detailed comment below.