If you have ever visited a local pet supply store, then most likely you have come across Earthborn Holistic dog food. With its vibrant colored bags and appealing name, many owners have tried this food with their own dogs. Personally, I have never tried Earthborn Holistic dog food for my own dogs. I have been very pleased with their own food, so I never had a desire to switch, but I have seen Earthborn Holistic dog food plenty of times.
So, what did I think about the food?
Let’s jump into my honest Earthborn Holistic dog food review and find out.
For this Earthborn Holistic dog food review, we will be looking at the Adult Vantage formula.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here*
My Honest Earthborn Holistic Dog Food Review
Name: Earthborn Holistic
Website URL: www.earthbornholisticpetfood.com
Formulas Available: Small Breed, Adult Vantage, Weight Control, Large Breed, Great Plains Feast, Meadow Feast, Puppy Vantage, Coastal Catch, and Primitive Natural
Sizes Available: 6 pounds, 14 pounds, and 28 pounds
Crude Protein, minimum 22.00%
Crude Fat, minimum 12.00%
Crude Fiber, maximum 4.00%
Moisture, maximum 10.00%
Calcium, minimum 1.20%
Phosphorus, minimum 0.80%
Vitamin E, minimum 250 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), minimum 100 mg/kg*
L-Carnitine, minimum 50 mg/kg*
Beta-Carotene, minimum 5 mg/kg*
Taurine, minimum 0.05%*
Omega-6 Fatty Acids, minimum 2.20%*
Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum 0.80%*
Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Ground Barley, Ground Brown Rice, Rye Flour, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Canola Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Whitefish Meal, Ground Flaxseed, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Carrots, Spinach, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Beta-Carotene, L-Carnitine, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Salt, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken contains alone.
2. The second ingredient is Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a high quality source of fiber. It will help to promote a healthy digestive system as well as alleviate upset tummies.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Ground Barley. Ground Barley is a source of carbohydrates that contains essential amino acids and can help boost your dog’s energy.
4. The fourth ingredient is Ground Brown Rice. Ground brown rice is another quality source of carbohydrates. It is easily digestible and will provide your dog with the energy he or she needs.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Rye Flour. This is considered to be controversial as one side of the argument claims dogs were never biologically meant to take in any type of flour while the other side claims rye can be beneficial for dogs. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on, rye flour can contain important vitamins and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, vitamin B, and potassium.
6. The sixth ingredient is Potatoes. Potatoes are a nutritious source of carbohydrates. They are also packed with B vitamins, iron, and Vitamin C.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Sweet Potatoes. Sweet potatoes are used for much more than their sweet taste that many dogs just can’t resist. Sweet potatoes are beneficial as they provide healthy digestive health, they are high in dietary fiber, low in fat, and contain essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and manganese.
8. The eighth ingredient is Chicken Fat. Chicken Fat is a healthy source of fat that is packed with Omega 6 fatty acids, helping to promote healthy-looking skin and a shiny coat.
9. The ninth ingredients listed in this food is Canola Oil. Canola oil is yet another healthy source of fat used. It is a source of Omega 6 fatty acids, helping to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
10. The tenth ingredient is Tomato Pomace. This is yet another controversial ingredient used. Regardless, this ingredient is known for containing healthy antioxidants and fiber. It will not only help to boost the immune system but help to promote optimal digestive tract health.
11. The eleventh ingredient listed in this food is Ground Flaxseed. This is yet another controversial ingredient used in this food. It is a known source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and Alpha Linoleic acid. Not only does it help to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat, but also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
The Earthborn Holistic line of dog food comes in a variety of formulas, each to benefit puppies, adults, or seniors. The various formulas available include:
- Small Breed
- Adult Vantage
- Weight Control
- Large Breed
- Great Plains Feast
- Meadow Feast
- Puppy Vantage
- Coastal Catch
- Primitive Natural
Earthborn Holistic Dog Food Sizes and Price
The price for Earthborn Holistic varies depending on the formula, flavor, and size of the food being purchased. Check out the prices below so you can get an idea of how much this food can cost.
Earthborn Holistic Dog Food Reviews and Complaints
Like many holistic dog foods on the market today, Earthborn Holistic has been mostly positive reviews from pet parents around the country. Check out what some pet parents have been saying about this dog food below.
If you want to save a small fortune on your future vet bills, then you need to get your dogs on this food! My 16 year old pug has never been sick a day in his life and I believe it is because of this food. My dog is in perfect health and has an amazingly soft coat. Can’t give this food any higher praise. C. Rowe
This dog food is definitely dog approved. My dog is an extremely picky eater and will sometimes go days without eating a thing. The moment I fill her bowl with this food, she practically inhales it. Never switching her off this food again -Melissa S.
This food is very healthy and great for all dogs, regardless of size and age. I highly recommend it. -Allie
Earthborn Holistic is a high quality dog food, guaranteed! When I first adopted my dog, I wasn’t sure which holistic dog food to go with. Every brand of food I came across was highly overpriced. However, this food was the cheaper of all of the brands. Even if it costs a bit of money, my dog has done nothing but thrived on it. I absolutely love this food. -thebeta99
After writing this Earthborn Holistic dog food review by carefully looking at the ingredients, taking into consideration actual customer complaints and reviews and looking at the price, this is one dog food I highly recommend to all dog owners, especially those who are on a tight budget. Earthborn Holistic will definitely give you more bang for your buck and will benefit your dog on a biological level. Made with high-quality ingredients and relatively cheap, this is a line of dog food you can’t go wrong with.
Have you tried Earthborn Holistic dog food? If so, what do you and your dogs think of the food? Let me know in the comments section below.