The first time I came across Eagle Pack dog food was not for this Eagle Pack dog food review. In fact I came across this dog food in a doggy day care that I was working at in 2010. The owner of the doggie day care swore by this food and so did all of the other employees. When I took a look at the bag myself, this is exactly what I found.
For this Eagle Pack Dog Food review we will be looking at the Original Adult Chicken Meal and Pork Meal formula.
Name: Eagle Pack
Website URL: www.eaglepack.com
Flavors Available: Chicken Meal and Pork Meal and Lamb Meal and Brown Rice
Formulas Available: Original, Large Breed, Puppy, Small Bites, Reduced Fat, Power Adult
Sizes Available: 6 Pounds, 15 Pounds, 30 Pounds and 40 Pounds
Price: $12.98 to $51.98 (Amazon.com)
|Vitamin E||(min.)||120 IU/kg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids*||(min.)||2.50%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids*||(min.)||0.50%|
|Total Lactic Acid Microorganisms*||(min.)||70,000,000 CFU/lb|
|(Enterococcus faecium, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, in equal amounts)|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Eagle Pack Original Chicken Meal & Pork Meal Formula Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Eagle Pack is made up 25% protein, 46% fat content and 46% carbohydrates.
Chicken Meal, Pork Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Dehulled Barley, Oatmeal, Rice, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed, Tomato Pomace, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid], Minerals [Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate], Choline Chloride, Taurine, Calcium Carbonate, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Inulin, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Trichoderma reesei Fermentation Product, Dried Rhizopus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract.
This is a naturally preserved product.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal itself contains as much as 300% more protein than Chicken does alone. This is a high quality protein ingredient.
2. The second ingredient is Pork Meal. Pork Meal is another quality protein ingredient and contains as much as 300% more protein than fresh pork contains alone.
3. The third ingredient is Ground Brown Rice. Ground brown rice is nothing more than rice flour and is a known source of carbohydrates that your dog needs to fuel its body with energy.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is Dehulled Barley. This ingredient is considered to be another healthy carbohydrate for your pet as well as a good source of body. This ingredient will help to fuel your dogs body as well as help to promote a healthy digestive system.
5. The fifth ingredient is Oatmeal. Oatmeal itself is a great source of soluble fiber that can be great for dogs who have finicky bowel issues.
6. The sixth ingredient in this food is Rice. With rice being used twice in this food, this is seen as more of a filler and has little to no nutritional content for your dog. The term “rice” is not real in depth at this point so it is actually hard to pin point how nutritious this ingredient really is for your dog.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Peas. Peas are a naturally beneficial ingredient that is packed full of Vitamin A, protein and fiber. This is a great ingredient to help promote a healthy digestive tract as well as help to manage healthy cholesterol levels in your dog.
8. The eighth ingredient is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is a natural and healthy fat source for your dog and contains Omega 6 fatty acids which can help aid in healthy skin and a healthy coat.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Brewer’s Dried Yeast. This ingredient is considered controversial. Depending on the specific type of yeast used, this yeast has been known to cause allergies, yet repel fleas naturally. However, this ingredient is known to be a healthy source of various minerals and vitamins.
10. The tenth ingredient is Flaxseed. Flaxseed is a source of protein as well as a source of Omega 3 fatty acids which can help promote healthy skin and a shiny looking coat.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Tomato Pomace. This ingredient is primarily comprised of the skin, pulp and seeds of a tomato. This ingredient is packed full of fiber and antioxidants.
12. The twelfth ingredient in this food is Salt. Salt itself is not very beneficial to a dog and is usually added in a dog food to improve its taste for your dog.
Formulas and Flavors Available
The formulas that are available in the line of Eagle Pack dog food consists of:
- Large Breed
- Small Bites
- Reduced Fat
- Power Adult
The flavors available in this line of dog food consists of:
- Chicken Meal and Pork Meal
- Lamb Meal and Brown Rice
Sizes and Price
Eagle Pack comes in a variety of different sizes and price according to what your specific needs may be. Here are the sizes and price available for this food:
- 6 Pounds: $12.98
- 15 Pounds: $25.49
- 30 Pounds: $41.76
- 6 Pounds: $14.29
- 15 Pounds: $23.49
- 30 Pounds: $39.79
- 6 Pounds: $19.79
- 15 Pounds: $23.49
- 30 Pounds: $36.29
- 15 Pounds: $24.99
- 30 Pounds: $38.99
- 15 Pounds: $26.49
- 30 Pounds $39.99
- 15 Pounds: $20.99
- 30 Pounds: $35.79
- 40 Pounds: $51.98
Eagle Pack Dog Food Review and Ratings
Surprisingly out of all of the customer reviews and ratings out there for Eagle Pack dog food, there are mostly positive ones. Just take a look for yourself what many people are saying about this food.
After taking a look at the ingredients of this food and the quality of them, I can say that this is an ok food. I mean, it is not the worst food out there, but it is certainly not the best. From some of the high quality ingredients, to its different formulas and to its very affordable price, you really can’t go wrong with this food.
Recommended and of Average Quality
Have you fed your dog’s Eagle Pack? If so, what do you think of it? Let me know in the comments section below.