Dogswell Dog Food
In this Dogswell dog food review, we will be looking closely at the Dogswell dog food ingredient list, breakdown of those ingredients, the overall availability of the food, and feedback from actual customer reviews of this food to see whether or not this food is even worth feeding to your dog.
When I first came across Dogswell dog food, it was actually due to their treats. My dog Bronx absolutely loves these treats! So when Dogswell first introduced their food, I was intrigued to try it to see how my dog would react to it. However, he wasn’t as taken with their food as he is their treats.
So, without further ado let’s jump right into my honest Dogswell dog food review.
For this review, I will be focusing on the Dogswell Happy Hips formula.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here*
My Honest Dogswell Dog Food Review
Website URL: www.dogswell.com
Flavors Available: Chicken and Oats Recipe
Formulas Available: Vitality and Happy Hips
Sizes Available: 4 Pounds, 11 Pounds, and 22.5 Pounds
Crude Protein (Min) 24.00%
Crude Fat (Min) 12.00%
Crude Fiber (Max) 5.50%
Moisture (Max) 10.00%
Calcium (Min) 1.20%
Vitamin E (Min) 100 IU/kg
Glucosamine* (Min) 600 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate* (Min) 300 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Kcal/kg ME (calculated) 3,425
Kcal/cup ME (calculated) 360
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Oats, Barley, Peas, Brown Rice, Natural Flavor, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Flaxseed, Tomato Pomace, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Zinc Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Iron Proteinate, d-calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Apples, Blueberries, Carrots, Garlic Powder, Chicory Root Extract, Manganese Proteinate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Proteinate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Chondroitin Sulfate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Rosemary Extract, Yeast Culture, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product (Source of Lipase), Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product.
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken. Chicken is a high-quality ingredient that can be used in any brand of dog food. However, keep in mind that the Chicken itself will be reduced by half during the cooking process.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is yet another high-quality protein source that is used and can contain as much as 300% more protein does alone.
3. The third ingredient is Oats. Oats are an excellent source of additional protein that you may need, fiber, iron, and important B vitamins. This is a very beneficial ingredient for your dogs to receive in their diet.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food is Barley. Barley itself is an excellent source of carbohydrates and fiber meaning that it will help give your dog the fuel he or she needs to thrive as well as help to promote a healthy digestive tract.
5. The fifth ingredient is Peas. While this may be a surprising ingredient to utilize peas, peas are a great way to add more protein to your dog’s diet as well as help to promote a healthy digestive tract in the process.
6. The sixth ingredient in this food is Brown Rice. Brown Rice is a highly nutritious source of carbohydrates and fiber. It is one of the highest quality rice sources that you can find in dog food today.
7. The seventh ingredient is Natural Flavor. While this ingredient may seem controversial to some people due to the lack of knowledge of where it is coming from, it is an ingredient that is used to enhance the flavor of the food. This ingredient is primarily comprised of meat, fruit, and vegetable sources in order to accomplish this.
8. The eighth ingredient in this food is Chicken Fat. This ingredient is a high-quality fat source that is packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, helping to promote healthy skin and a healthy coat.
9. The ninth ingredient to be mentioned is Flaxseed. This is yet another controversial ingredient that is used. Regardless, it is a known source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, helping to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
10. The tenth ingredient to be mentioned is Tomato Pomace. Tomato Pomace is another controversial ingredient used. Regardless, it is packed full of nutritious antioxidants which is used to boost your dog’s immune system and help to promote a healthy digestive system.
11. The eleventh ingredient to be mentioned is Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal. Alfalfa meal contains various minerals, vitamins, and digestive enzymes that your dog needs to aid in healthy digestion.
12. The twelfth ingredient to be mentioned in this food is Sweet Potatoes. There are various benefits to this ingredient being used as they are rich in beta carotene, various minerals, rich in fiber and low in fat.
Flavors and Formulas Available
As far as the flavors and formulas that are available with this food, you are left with very limited options. The flavor that is available with this food include:
- Chicken and Oats Recipe
As far as formulas, the two that are available include:
- Happy Hips
Dogswell Dog Food Sizes and Price
Just as with the limited amount of flavor and formulas that are available with this food, the sizes and price of Dogswell dog food are just as limited. The sizes and price that are available with this food include:
Just as the name implies, this formula is all about support the wellness of your dog’s hips and joints. This formula is specially made with glucosamine and chondroitin, this is the perfect food for dogs of all sizes.
Flavors Available: Chicken and Oats
Sizes Available: 11 pounds and 22.5 pounds
Flavors Available: Chicken
Sizes Available: 11 pounds and 22.5 pounds
Dogswell Dog Food Reviews and Complaints
As far as actual customer complaints and Dogswell dog food reviews, a majority of the comments left have been mostly positive. Just take a look for yourself what some people have been saying about this food below.
“This dog food has helped my dog immensely. I have tried every type of dog food out there. However, my dog didn’t improve until she began eating Healthy Hips.” -JanetLSM January 7th
“This is an excellent dog food with great ingredients all at an affordable price. My dogs love eating it.” -Sherri Osborne, February 5th
“So far so good. I just transitioned my dog to this food and he seems to love it. The ingredients seem to be of high quality and my dog seems content with it.” -Home in NC, August 18th
“This food is awesome! I’m currently feeding this food to my 15 year old golden retriever mix and he loves it. I highly recommend it.” -Amazon Customer, September 21st
“My dogs weren’t impressed that much with this food. I ended up throwing more of the food away then I did feeding it to my dogs.” -Luce, November 20th
“My family and dogs absolutely love Happy Hips.” -John Slater, October 20th
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at the ingredients in this food, looking at the overall availability of this food to consumers, taking actual Dogswell dog food reviews and ratings left by customers, and taking the guaranteed analysis into account this is one brand of dog food that I highly recommend. Not only is there mostly positive feedback about this food, but it also contains some of the highest quality ingredients you will find.
Have you fed your dog Dogswell dog food? If so, do you agree with this Dogswell dog food review? Let me know in the comments section below.