For this Blue Buffalo Freedom review, we will be taking a look at the grain-free Chicken Blue Buffalo Freedom adult dog food formula by looking closely at all of the ingredients on the label, its availability and actual customer reviews and complaints.
As a pet parent who feeds their own dogs blue buffalo, this is a brand of dog food I can’t speak any more highly of. It is a line of dog food that provides itself on natural ingredients that are beneficial for dogs of all life stages.
So, who healthy is Blue Buffalo Free Freedom for your own dogs?
Let’s find out!
Name: Blue Buffalo Freedom
Website URL: www.bluebuffalo.com
Formulas Available: Puppy, Adult, Large Breed Puppy, Healthy Weight, Small Breed Adult, Large Breed Adult and Senior
Flavors Available: Beef, Chicken and Lamb
Sizes Available: 4 pounds, 11 pounds and 24 pounds
|Crude Protein||24.0% min|
|Crude Fat||14.0% min|
|Crude Fiber||6.0% max|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids*||0.5% min|
|Omega 6 Fatty Acids*||2.5% min|
|Glucosamine*||400 mg/kg min|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine), Tapioca Starch, Potatoes, Peas, Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene), Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Turkey Meal, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids), Natural Flavor, Potato Starch, Alfalfa Meal, Canola Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Dried Chicory Root, Calcium Carbonate, Caramel, Choline Chloride, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Parsley, Kelp, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Turmeric, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Oil of Rosemary, L-Carnitine, L-Lysine, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Taurine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
`. The first ingredient in this food is Deboned Chicken. Deboned Chicken is a lean source of protein that contains an adequate amount of protein. During the cooking process, you need to keep in mind that half of the protein is reduced.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken Meal. This is another high-quality source of protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
3. The third ingredient is Tapioca Starch. Tapioca Starch is extracted from the root of a cassava plate and often used as a primary source of carbohydrates in many grain free dog foods. However, it lacks quality nutrients, so it is typically seen as a filler instead of something beneficial.
4. The fourth ingredient in this food are Potatoes. Potatoes are a quality source of natural carbohydrates and include important and nutritious vitamins such as Vitamin B, Vitamin C, iron and potassium.
5. The fifth ingredient listed in this food are Peas. Peas are another surprising sour of protein, even though seen as lower quality than most meats. They are packed full of fiber, vitamin A and potassium, helping to provide optimum gastrointestinal health.
6. The sixth ingredient is Tomato Pomace. This is an ingredient that is sometimes viewed as being controversial. It is made from the mixture of skins of a tomato, the pulp and the seeds after they have been crushed. It is a source of natural antioxidants and soluble fiber.
7. The seventh ingredient listed in this food is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is a healthy source of fat that is packed with Omega 6 fatty acids which support healthy skin and a shiny coat.
8. The eighth ingredient in this food is Turkey Meal. Similar to chicken meal, turkey meal contains as much as 300% more protein than turkey does alone. This adds to the amount of protein in this food.
9. The ninth ingredient is Flaxseed. Flaxseed is yet another ingredient that is considered controversial in the world of holistic dog food. Regardless of your personal views, Flaxseed has been known to be packed with Omega 3 fatty acids, promoting healthy skin and a healthy coat.
10. The tenth ingredient is Natural Flavor. Natural flavor is in ingredient that is primarily comprised of a variety of meat, fruit and vegetable sources that is used to enhance the flavor of the food as it is being made to entice dogs to eat it.
11. The eleventh ingredient listed in this food is Potato Starch. It is another source of carbohydrates and fiber. It doesn’t hold many nutritional benefits except to boost the carbohydrate and fiber levels in the food.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Alfalfa Meal. Alfalfa meal is an ingredient comprised of various minerals, vitamins and enzymes. It is used to aid in healthy digestion as well as support all-around well-being.
There are only 3 flavors available with this food and they include:
Sizes and Price
Because of the various sizes and flavors available with Blue Buffalo Freedom, it means the price varies as well. Check out the sizes and prices below to get an idea of how the prices fluctuate from formula to formula.
Blue Buffalo Freedom Puppy Chicken Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Large Breed Puppy Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Adult Dog Food Chicken Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Adult Dog Food Beef Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Large Breed Adult Chicken Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Large Breed Adult Beef Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Large Breed Adult Lamb Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Healthy Weight Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Senior Formula
Blue Buffalo Freedom Review and Complaints
When it comes to this particular line of Blue Buffalo Freedom dog food, the reviews and complaints left by actual customers tend to be more mixed. Take a look below at what some people are saying about this dog food right now.
My Corgi approves of this food. I have given my dog a variety of different foods most of his life. He suffers from severe allergies and is prone to gaining weight easily. However, he seems to have become more stable the longer he has been on Blue Buffalo Freedom grain free dog food. While I wouldn’t say this is the best dog food out there, it is the best for my own dog. I highly recommend it. -Jueang Yam, December 3rd
Blue Buffalo does it yet again! Both my dog and I absolutely love Blue Buffalo Freedom. It is a great food, made with great ingredients and a great taste that my dog cannot get enough of. My dog is a picky eater, so having a food that he just gobble up has been great. -Kate Mahoney, October 30th
Better nutrition is always the way to go. For years I had been feeding my dog Alpo from Walmart and she used to scratch ALL OF THE TIME. The moment I switched to this food, she instantly perked up and stopped scratching herself. While yes, it can be on the pricey side, my dog is happy with it and so am I. -Rowan, November 3rd
I absolutely love this kibble! My dogs were previously on Purina Grain free but since it stopped being produced, we switched to something on the healthier side. I love this food and can’t recommend it enough. -Mary Rose Carlow, December 4th
This food has helped lower my vet bills. From the moment we began feeding our dogs this food, they have been healthier, have shed less, stopped chewing their paws and stopped rubbing herself all over the floor. She is also leaner which means less trips to the vets. I’m happy. -FilthyBeast, December 18th
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at Blue Buffalo Freedom dog food for this Blue Buffalo Freedom review by looking at actual customer reviews and complaints, breaking down each of the ingredients and looking at the availability of this food as well as using my own personal experience, this is a food I absolutely love. Made with high quality ingredients that will benefit your dog as well as being modestly affordable, this is a brand of food that will speak for itself.
This is the prefect brand of food you can purchase if you have been looking for a high-quality brand of food that is grain free and that comes in a variety of formulas to benefit dogs of all ages. This is one kind of dog food that will please both pet parents and dogs alike!
Have you fed your dog Blue Buffalo Freedom? If so, what do you think of the food? Regardless, I would love to hear from you! Drop me a detailed comment below.