Avoderm Dog Food
If you have ever wanted to learn if Avoderm dog food is a healthy choice for your dog, then this Avoderm dog food review is just for you. With the various “healthy” food choices out there for pets today, it can be hard to determine what food is actually healthy and what food is actually crap.
So, where does Avoderm dog food fit into the mix?
Let’s get on with my honest Avoderm dog food review to learn the truth.
For this Avoderm dog food review, we will be looking at the Avoderm Chicken Meal and Brown Rice Adult Formula.
*Disclaimer: This website contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Affiliate when you click on the links on this post at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclaimer here.*
My Honest Avoderm Dog Food Review
Website URL: www.avodermnatural.com
Flavors Available: Chicken Meal and Brown Rice and Lamb Meal and Brown Rice
Formulas Available: Adult, Puppy, Small Breed Adult, Weight Control, Large Breed, and Senior
Sizes Available: 4.4 Pounds, 15 Pounds, 26 Pounds, and 30 Pounds
Advertised Price: Varies
|Omega-6 Fatty Acid*||(min)||2.49%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acid*||(min)||0.78%|
|*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.|
|Metabolizable Energy||(calculated)||360 kcal/cup|
|Metabolizable Energy||(calculated)||3450 kcal/kg|
AAFCO NUTRITIONAL ADEQUACY STATEMENT
AvoDerm Natural® Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Formula dog food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.
Chicken Meal, Ground Whole Brown Rice, Ground Whole White Rice, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Rice Bran, Avocado, Natural Flavor, Tomato Pomace (Source of Lycopene), Flax Seed (Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acid), Alfalfa Meal, Herring Meal, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Kelp Meal, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, a-Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Avocado Oil, Lecithin, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Pineapple Stem (Source of Bromelain), Papain, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product.
1. The first ingredient in this dog food is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is a high-quality source of protein for your dog and contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
2. The second ingredient in this food is Ground Whole Brown Rice. This ingredient is simply a high-quality carbohydrate that will give your dog the source of energy he or she needs to thrive.
3. The third ingredient is Ground Whole White Rice. While this ingredient is considered to be of modest variety since it is yet another rice ingredient it is considered to be more of a filler at this point.
4. The fourth ingredient is Oatmeal. Oatmeal is considered to be another excellent source of carbohydrates and is also a high-quality source of fiber. So, it will not only give your dog the energy he or she needs to thrive, but it will also help to maintain a healthy digestive tract as well.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is a healthy source of fat that is rich in Omega 6 fatty acids. With that being said this ingredient will help to give your dog the healthy and shiny coat that you love to see.
6. The sixth ingredient is Rice Bran. Rice bran is the outer shell of the grain that is most often removed during the processing process of rice. While it is of only modest nutritional value, it is considered to be a decent source of fiber, so it will help your dog to maintain a healthy digestive tract.
7. The seventh ingredient is Avocado. This is an ingredient that is dipped deep in controversy even today. The issue with this ingredient is the substance that is found in the skin, pit, leaves and bark of the avocado: persin. This substance has been proven to be harmful to many different types of animals such as horses, rabbits, and goats, but so far not one reported incident has been filed for dogs or cats.
Regardless avocado has been found to be packed full of important nutritional vitamins and can even help to support a healthy and shiny coat.
8. The eighth ingredient in this food is Natural Flavor. This is yet another ingredient that can be considered controversial. The problem with this ingredient is that we are not really told where the “natural flavoring” is coming from. However, natural flavors have been known to come from meat, fruit, and vegetable sources and has been known to boost the flavor of the pet food to entice your pet to eat it.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Tomato Pomace. Here is yet another controversial ingredient listed in this food. Tomato Pomace has been known to contain important antioxidants and fiber, helping to boost your pets immune system and helping them to maintain a healthy digestive tract.
10. The tenth ingredient is Flaxseed. While this is yet another controversial ingredient that is used, one cannot deny the various benefits associated with it. Flaxseed itself is a known source of Omega 3 fatty acids as well as a source of nutritional fiber. So, not only will it give your pets the shiny coat that you love to see, but it can also help to maintain and support a healthy digestive tract.
11. The eleventh ingredient is Alfalfa Meal. This is an ingredient that is becoming common in many pet food brands today. This ingredient contains various vitamins and minerals that your pets need as well as digestive enzymes to help aid in the digestive process.
12. The twelfth ingredient in this food is Herring Meal. Herring meal is a high-quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than Herring does alone.
13. The thirteenth ingredient in this food is Salt. Salt is one of those ingredients that is just unnecessary to add to any pet food. Not only can this ingredient lead to potential heart issues if it is consumed for long periods of time, but it is only used to enhance the flavor of your pet’s food. Nothing more.
Flavors and Formulas Available
There are various flavors and formulas available with this particular brand of dog food. Some of the flavors available for this food include:
- Chicken Meal and Brown Rice
- Lamb Meal and Brown Rice
As for the formulas that are available for this food, they include:
- Small Breed Adult
- Weight Control
- Large Breed
Avoderm Dog Food Sizes and Price Available
As for the sizes and prices available for this food, there are many different options to choose from. The options available for this food are listed as follows:
This adult formula is formulated specifically for adult dog health. Helping to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat as well as being packed with plenty of protein, this is a formula that will help adult dogs thrive.
Sizes Available: 4.4 pound bag, 15 pound bag, and 30 pound bag
Sizes Available: 3.5 pound bag and 7 pound bag
Sizes Available: 30 pound bag
Sizes Available: 4.4 pound bag, 13 pound bag, and 24 pound bag
This is a formula that can be fed to overweight dogs that need to shed a bit of weight. It is a grain-free alternative, rich in protein and made with omega-rich avocados which can help to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
Sizes Available: 4.4 pound bag, 14 pound bag, and 28 pound bag
This is a formula of food that is meant for dogs who have slowed down in their older years. It helps to support healthy joints through the use of chondroitin and glucosamine and is made with all-natural ingredients that will help older dogs thrive.
Sizes Available: 4.4 pound bag, 15 pound bag, and 26 pound bag
Sizes Available: 15 pound bag and 26 pound bag
Avoderm Dog Food Review and Complaints
Most of the actual customer complaints and reviews of Avoderm dog food are pretty much only positive ones. Just take a look for yourself what some people are saying about this food below.
Great food with great ingredients! Every dog will like it. My own dog’s coat looks much better than it did when he was on other brands of dog food. -hkjvbbkj, February 22nd
We gave it a try and we are so glad we did. Our golden suffered from a sensitive stomach and we had a hard time finding a brand of food that would work for him, until we tried this brand out. It has given our golden zero digestive issues and we couldn’t be happier! -Nicole Puchacz, February 5th
While our dog loves this food, it has given him the worst gas imaginable. -Amazon customer, January 18th
Helped our dog with itchy skin. We weren’t sure where to turn and we are lucky we found this product when we did. We have been feeding this food to our dog for over a month and we have seen such a huge difference. Who knew just changing the food would help cure his skin. -Marty K. May 8th
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at the ingredients that make up this food as well as take the customer complaints and reviews, this is a food I would not have a problem recommending to others. While it does have a few controversial ingredients and a filler in it, it is made up of a majority of high-quality ingredients that are beneficial to your dog.
It is great quality food and one that your dogs are going to love as much as you.
Good Quality Food and Definitely Recommended
Have you fed your dog’s Avoderm dog food? If so, what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments section below.