In this Artemis dog food review we will be carefully looking at Artemis dog food by looking at its ingredients, the overall size availability of this food, the price of this food and what real pet owners think of this food.
While I have not personally had experience with Artemis dog food before, I have heard from owners who fed their dogs this food while I was working at a doggy daycare in Denver, Colorado. I have heard nothing but good things about this food but let’s see how healthy Artemis dog food really is.
So, without further ado let’s dive right into my honest Artemis dog food review.
For this review we will be focusing on Artemis Fresh Mix Adult dog food.
Name: Artemis Fresh Mix
Website URL: www.artemiscompany.com
Flavors Available: Fresh Mix
Formulas Available: Small Breed Puppy, Small Breed Adult, Medium/Large Breed Puppy, Adult and Weight Management
Sizes Available: 4 Pounds, 15 Pounds and 30 Pounds
|Crude Protein, min.||23.0%|
|Crude Fat, min.||14.0%|
|Crude Fiber, max.||3.0%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids, min.*||2.2%|
|Vitamin E, min.||300 IU/kg|
|Biotin, min.||0.25 mg/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, min.*||0.4%|
|DHA (Docosohexaenoic Acid) min.*||0.05%|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile.
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey, Barley, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Millet, Peas, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Potatoes, Duck, Salmon, Egg Product, Flaxseed, Flavor Enhancer, Salmon Oil (Source of DHA), Fish Meal, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Dried Skim Milk, Kelp, Carrots, Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Cranberries, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-Carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement , Folic Acid
1. The first ingredient in this food is Chicken. Chicken is a highly quality protein source used in this food. However, keep in mind that the amount of protein in this ingredient is reduced by at least half during the cooking process.
2. The second ingredient is Chicken Meal. Chicken meal is another high quality protein source that contains as much as 300% more protein than chicken does alone.
3. The third ingredient in this food is Turkey. Turkey is yet another high quality protein source that is used. Just like the chicken keep in mind that during the cooking process the amount of protein in the Turkey is reduced by at least half.
4. The fourth ingredient is Barley. Barley itself is a high quality carbohydrate and fiber source, meaning that it will help to promote a healthy digestive system as well as fuel your dog with the energy he or she needs to thrive.
5. The fifth ingredient in this food is Brown Rice. Brown rice is yet another quality source of carbs that will fuel your dog with the energy he or she needs.
6. The sixth ingredient is Oatmeal. Oatmeal itself is a high quality fiber source that will not only help to promote a healthy digestive system, but can help to alleviate upset bellies.
7. The seventh ingredient in this food is Millet. Millet is a cereal grain that is used in many common pet food brands today. While this ingredient is rich in B vitamins and fiber, it is incredibly difficult for your dog to digest.
8. The eighth ingredient is Peas. While it is not really common to see Peas in dog food, it is surprisingly beneficial. This ingredient is used to give your dog a bit more protein as well as beneficial carbs and important vitamins and minerals.
9. The ninth ingredient in this food is Chicken Fat. Chicken fat is a healthy fat source used to provide your dog with Omega 6 fatty acids that will leave your dog with a shiny coat and healthy skin.
10. The tenth ingredient is Tomato Pomace. While this ingredient may be considered controversial, it is an ingredient that is packed full of antioxidants and can help boost your pet’s immune system.
11. The eleventh ingredient in this food is Potatoes. Potatoes are a nutritional carbohydrate ingredient that is packed full of important B Vitamins, Iron and Vitamin C.
12. The twelfth ingredient is Duck. Duck is a high quality protein source used in this food and is ideal for dogs with sensitive tummies.
13. The thirteenth ingredient in this food is Salmon. Salmon is yet another high quality protein ingredient used in this food. Not only is it packed with protein, but it is also packed with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which can help to promote healthy skin and a shiny coat.
14. The fourteenth ingredient is Egg Product. Egg product is an egg obtained from egg hatcheries and is dehydrated for use. It is an ingredient that is free of any shells and is packed with protein. While it is considered to be a protein source, it is moderately nutritious.
15. The fifteenth ingredient in this food is Flaxseed. This is yet another ingredient that is considered to be controversial. Regardless of how you look at this ingredient it is packed with omega 3 fatty acids, leading to a healthy skin and shiny coat.
Flavors and Formulas Available
The Artemis line of dog food is available in a wide variety of different of formulas, but the flavors of this food is very limited to only the Fresh mix flavor. The variety of formulas that are available with this food include:
- Small Breed Puppy
- Small Breed Adult
- Medium/Large Breed Puppy
- Weight Management
Sizes and Price Available
Artemis dog food is available in three primary sizes: 4 pounds, 15 pounds and 30 pounds. As far as price this can vary according to the size that you purchase as well as the formula. The prices available for this food are listed below.
Small Breed Puppy
Medium/Large Breed Puppy
Artemis Dog Food Review and Complaints
As far as it goes for Artemis dog food review and complaints from actual pet owners, Artemis dog food has many positive reviews. Just take a look for yourself what some people are saying about this food below.
My Final Opinion
After carefully looking at Artemis dog food for this Artemis dog food review by looking at the ingredients, the overall availability of this food, price and actual pet owners reviews, this is a dog food that I highly recommend to others. This food is made out of high quality ingredients, is readily available to pet owners regardless of what size their dog is and positive pet owner reviews. It is so secret why this food is considered to be one of the healthiest pet food brands on the market today.
Have you fed your dog Artemis dog food? If so, do you agree with my Artemis dog food review or disagree with it? Regardless, I would love to hear from you. Just drop me a comment below.